Do you know darts? Take our quiz. Check the answers below.
- Name the first darts World Champion?
- Which player became the first to record a 9 dart finish in a World Championship?
- Name the first non British player to become World Champion?
- Which player has won the most World Championships?
- In only one year out of a combined total of 65 years has there been a final of the World Championships BDO/PDC where a British player has not participated, can you name the year?
- Eric Bristow won 5 World Championships. What was his nickname?
You can watch live darts streams here.
- The World Professional Darts Championship started in 1978 and Welshman Leighton Rees defeated John Lowe in the final 11-7.
- Paul Lim from the USA is the only player to hit a 9 darter in the BDO World Championship when he did it in the 2nd round of his 1990 match against Jack McKenna. John Lowe had hit a 9-dart finish in 1984 at the World Matchplay and Raymond van Barneveld managed it later in 2009 at the PDC World Darts Championship.
- Canadian John Part won the BDO World Championship in 1994, thrashing Bobby George 6-0 in the final, ending 16 years of British domination. Part would go on to win the 2003 PDC World Championship.
- Phil Taylor has won a total of 16 World titles. Two of them with the BDO before he switched to the PDC where he won 14 more titles.
- In the BDO final of 2006, Jelle Klaasen defeated fellow Dutchman Raymond van Barneveld 7-5.
- Bristow was known as the Crafty Cockney. He was Number one in the world rankings from 1980 to 1987. He also won the World Masters a record five times and is the only player to have won the Masters and the WOrld Championship in the same year three times.
Click the sport you want and see what darts matches are coming.